Authors: Adalet Koca Kutlu RN, PhD, Emel Y lmaz RN, PhD, Dilek Çeçen RN, MSc
Journal: Teaching and Learning in Nursing, Volume 3, Issue 4, October 2008, Pages 125-130
1. A study was carried out on the effects of aromatherapy on anxiety during an exam.
2. The study group consisted of 50 students, and the control group consisted of 45 students.
3. The study group took an exam in a closed environment while being exposed to aromatherapy using Lavandula angustifolia. The control group took the same exam in a similar room, but without being exposed to aromatherapy.
4. At the end of the exam, the students were given a questionnaire and the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory.
5. Results showed that students who had been exposed to the lavender essential oil aromatherapy had significantly lower anxiety scores than those in the control group, suggesting that lavender essential oil aromatherapy can reduce exam anxiety.
Ready to experience the benefits of Lavender essential oil for yourself? Grab it in our store!